High Court grants interim relief to Raj Kundra
His anticipatory bail plea will be heard on August 25.
Bombay High Court has given interim relief to businessman Raj Kundra in a porn video case. His anticipatory bail plea will be heard on August 25. The Bombay High Court had earlier rejected Raj Kundra's bail plea. Raj Kundra was arrested on July 19. After the dismissal of the anticipatory bail application in the Sessions Court, an appeal was made to the High Court on behalf of Raj Kundra.
Police had expressed the possibility of escape
Raj Kundra was arrested on July 19 last year after his name cropped up in the adult video case. According to the PTI report, the police had argued for not granting bail to Raj Kundra, that if Raj Kundra is granted bail, he will again upload obscene videos which will affect our culture and send a wrong message to society. It was also said that the investigation of the videos is still going on and Raj can go out and tamper with the evidence. The police had said that Raj may even leave India and run away.
Many serious allegations have been made against Raj
In the statement, the police had described Raj Kundra as the mastermind of the porn video racket. After the arrest of Raj, many more people have also been arrested. At the same time, from Sherlyn Chopra to Poonam Pandey, Raj Kundra has made serious allegations. At the same time, Raj was also accused of giving a bribe of Rs 25 lakh to the police to avoid arrest.